Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Cleaning the dresser...Part ll

 Cleaning

I personally like to use Denatured alcohol to clean the inside and outside on any piece of furniture that I purchase.
Why?
It's alcohol.... It cleans up any ooogies and grime that has
accumulated on the dresser....do wear gloves, especially if your
nails are manicured!!

Repair

I like to use wood filler where needed.
 Glue any pieces of wood that needs repaired with Tightbond glue, my all time favorite wood glue!


I wait a couple of days for the wood filler to dry
before sanding.

The next step is cutting some wood for the drawer guides
and that is where my handy dandy hubby comes in.

These are the steps and products that I use for MY furniture. I am not claiming to be an expert, everyone has their own style, this one is mine.

If you plan a visit to Florida, check out our Vintage Vine
An online guide to our local vintage and antique stores
in Brevard County.

Life is Good,
Sylvia


No comments:

Post a Comment